Audio Consultant / Production for Multi-media Projects
- Currently Chief Recording Engineer for the University of Texas College of Fine Arts Recording Studio: In charge of all recording for the College of Fine Arts. Work in all forms of electronic media.
Also, oversee the audio training and internship program for the COFA Recording Studio.
(1993 - present)
- Contracted with IBM to do audio training for their Multi-media Development Group (1991)
- Worked with Josten's Learning Corporation on their interactive computer multi-media educational software as an audio consultant and voice talent (1990)
- Wrote, produced, and/or performed national and regional commercial jingles through my own music production company, Panda Productions (1983 - present). This entails working with graphic artists, animation experts, audio/film production teams, talent, manufacturers,distributors, etc. Some of my clients include Cinemark Theatres, Entex Natural Gas, Pizza Hut, Dr. Pepper, Budweiser, Ford, Vidal Sassoon, Chevrolet, Keller Williams Realtors. Six of the jingles won regional Addy Awards.
- Co-produced a video distributed internationally by Embassy Home Video, (Texercise with Irlene Mandrell - 1985)
- Worked with Third Coast Video & Film on multi-media projects while I was part-owner, engineer, and studio manager of Third Coast Sound in the 501 Multi-Media Complex (1979 - 1981)
Audio Production Work
- Produced and engineered several nationally distributed albums through my music production company Panda Productions (1983-present). One of the singles was spotlighted as a hot new single pick on the country charts by Billboard and Record World, There was an article about myself and Panda Productions in Billboard (1989).
- Engineered, produced and/or performed on thousands of music projects at various studios throughout Texas and in New York and Illinois (1971-present). Some of these projects include Asleep at the Wheel, Carol King, Jennifer Warnes, George Strait, Jerry Jeff Walker, Gary P. Nunn, Eric Johnson, the Austin Chamber Ensemble , the Austin Symphony Orchestra, Kronos String Quatrtet, Walt Disney children's albums, and Miramar's Imaginaria computer animation feature to name just a few.
- Engineer and co-producer for all recorded music examples for Stefan Kostka’s Tonal Harmony, Textbook and Workbook: 3rd, 4th and 5th editions published by McGraw Hill
- Chief Engineer for College of Fine Arts Recording Studio at the University of Texas; Austin (1992 - present )
Chief Engineer for Panda Productions (1983 - present)
Chief Engineer for Lone Star Recording (1981 - 1983)
Chief Engineer/Studio Manager for Third Coast Sound (1979 - 1981)
Engineer at various studios in Texas, New York, and Illinois (1971 - 1979)
Audio and Studio Consultant
- Worked with Rupert Neve, ARN Consultants, on consultation project for Penny & Giles to test digital audio processor product development and make recommendations for release and marketing strategies. (1996)
- Consulted on room and system redesign for the Austin jazz club Top of the Marc with Ken Dickensheets, acoustician (1991)
- Consulted on the building and equipment installation of Lone Star Recording, Third Coast Studio, Loma Ranch Studio, Studio D, Hound Sound Recording in Austin, Texas (1976 - 1979)
Artist Development and Management Services
- Produced and managed Keri Leigh and the Blue Devils for whom I negotiated a record deal with Amazing Records in April 1991,signed them with the William Morris Agency in August 1991, and set up a tour with Little Feat in the fall of 1991
- Served as Vice-President of A&R (Artists and Repertoire) for the international music firm Phantom Productions (1989)
Music Publishing Services
- Owner of two music publishing companies, Artsong Music (BMI) founded 1979 and Lipstick Music (ASCAP) founded 1983. These catalogues are administered by the well-known national publishing company, Bugg Music.
- Have performed professionally as a singer both” live” and in the studio since 1975.
- Currently teach Modern Recording Techniques at the School of Music, University of Texas at Austin, and Austin Community College.
- Taught Music for Radio Television and Film at the School of Music, University of Texas at Austin. (1995-97)
- Designed and taught Recording Curriculum for an Associate Degree at Austin Community College. (1986-1994)
- Currently Chairman of the Commercial Music Management Degree Academic Advisory Committee for Austin Community College.
- Designed and taught recording curriculum for the New School Of Music, Austin, Texas (1982-85)
Professional Organizations & Societies
Member Audio Engineering Society
Member National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences
Member American Association of University Professors
1988 - 1989
Committee Member - for the Music District Committee, appointed by the Austin City Council, to study and recommend how to further develop the music industry in Austin.
1986 - 1989
President - for the Austin chapter of the Texas Music Association, a state organization to promote the state's professional music industry. Also served as Chairman of the Board.
1983 - 1987
Board of Director - for the Austin Music Umbrella, a group that represents various local music organizations in dealing with the city's governmental agencies and funding. Also chaired songwriters’ and composers’ competitions for two years.
Rupert Neve, ARN Consultants, audio designer
100 Leach Lane
Wimberley,TX 78676 (512) 847-3013
Ken Dickensheets, Dickensheets and Associates, acoustic consultants
505 E. Huntland Dr. Suite #140
Austin,Tx. 78752 (512) 454-5734
Mark McQuilken, FMR Audio, audio designer
3302 Treadsoft Cove
Austin, TX 78748 (512) 280-9106
Jim Kerkhoff, Asst. Dean for Information Technologies, College of Fine Arts,
University of Texas;
Austin,Texas (512) 471-0392 work
Peter Bay, Conductor & Music Director
Austin Symphony Orchestra
1101 Red River
Austin, Texas (512) 301-5226 home